The influenza or ‘flu shot is here and it’s time to get protected!
Your children over the age of 2 can get vaccinated at our quick, convenient
Drive-Thru Flu Shot Event:
Saturday September 26th from 9 am to 1 pm
By appointment only!
To attend our Drive-Thru Flu Shot Event:
- As soon as possible, make an appointment in your Patient Portal (click here) or call us at 708-424-7600
- About 24 hours before your appointment, complete the screening by clicking here
- On September 26th, arrive at our Evergreen Park location, 2850 W 95th Street, for your appointment time
- Turn into Franscisco and proceed to the second (middle) entrance of the West Parking Lot
- Follow the signs to Station 1 and make sure that everyone in your car over the age of two is wearing a mask
- Check in, give consent for your child to receive the flu shot and have temperatures taken
- Proceed to Station 2
- Receive screening and review consent
- Proceed to Station 3
- Our medical staff will vaccinate your child against the flu
- Proceed to Station 4
- Wait approximately 5 minutes to ensure your child does not experience an adverse reaction
- You’re on your way, vaccinated against the flu in minutes!
If your child received a vaccination last season, they are not protected against the flu this year. The viruses that cause the flu change every year. This makes it necessary each fall to get a new vaccination, formulated for the viruses experts predict will be most relevant in that particular year.
COVID-19 is showing no signs of going away, and researchers say a vaccine won’t be easily available until summer of 2021. COVID-19 is a deadly respiratory illness, just like the flu, even though they are not caused by the same viruses. The flu will weaken your child’s immune system, making it more likely they will contract COVID-19. The CDC says that is it possible to have both the flu and COVID-19 at the same time. A double infection will seriously impact symptoms, testing, diagnosis, treatment, complications, recovery and long-term health.
Click here to read a CDC statement about the flu vaccine.
You can also make a personal appointment to get your child vaccinated. Please visit your Patient Portal (click here)or call 708-424-7600 to schedule.
The CDC is urging everyone who is medically able, including children over the age of 6 months, to get the flu vaccine. Remember, flu season stretches well into May, so getting vaccinated now protects everyone well into 2021. Take a moment now and give your family months and months of better health.
Questions about the flu, the flu shot or COVID-19? Call 708-424-7600. Alzein Pediatrics is here to make you confident and comfortable about your child’s health and well being!